Jeremy Allen White Questions Marvel Movies As An Actor's Career Peak

Jeremy Allen White, known for his roles in Shameless and The Bear, has spoken about his being openly disrespectful in a meeting for a "Marvel-y movie" regarding a possible, unnamed project. In a new interview with GQ, White questioned the notion that a Marvel movie might be an actor's career peak.

White also"I had a meeting for a kind of Marvel-y movie, and I had an attitude. I think I played it all wrong." White said, adding that he was skeptical, and showed it in front of the executives, with a "tell me about why I should do your movie" vibe. "They were like 'F*** you,' and I was like, 'right on.'"

Despite this, White explained that he remains steadfast in his commitment to independent cinema. He expressed bewilderment at how mainstream Marvel has become the benchmark for actors' careers, saying, "I am confused at how the pinnacle of an actor's career has ended up in that place. They get really good filmmakers to do those movies, and obviously they get really good actors to do those movies."

Continue Reading at GameSpot

from GameSpot - All News https://ift.tt/cWku0ta

Post a Comment

0 Comments