Jamie Lee Curtis Takes On Climate Change In New Graphic Novel She Thought Of At 19

Hollywood celebrities dipping their toes into the realm of making comic books is hardly a new approach. It's been a staple since the Jerry Lewis comics over at DC in the 1950s, but the trend has definitely been on the upswing with star Keanu Reeves on Brzkr at BOOM! Studios and Mother of Madness by Emelia Clarke, who lend their creativity and name brand to a comic.

Oscar winner Jamie Lee Curtis is the latest name to dabble into comics with her project, along with co-writer Russell Goldman and artist Karl Stevens. Curtis is a known anime and manga enthusiast and even officiated her daughter's cosplay-themed wedding. The idea of doing a comic has been something rattling in her mind for 40 years, but now with Goldman and Stevens, she's finally been able to make this idea a reality with the release of Mother Nature.

Speaking to GameSpot at San Diego Comic-Con, Curtis revealed just how long the idea for Mother Nature has been in her head. "I was 19 years old and I knew that we were messing up the world. I just knew it. I don't know. I wasn't particularly an environmental kid, I could barely crawl my way out of high school. It wasn't like I was smart. I just was aware," the horror movie legend said. "Then I made the Halloween movie in 2018 with David Gordon Green... and it just reinvigorated my mojo and I started to write the story."

Continue Reading at GameSpot

from GameSpot - All News https://ift.tt/EokFCla

Post a Comment

0 Comments