Sean Bean Reveals What Went Through His Mind During Game Of Thrones Death Scene

While Sean Bean starring in the first season of Game of Thrones already feels like a million years ago, the actor has recently reminisced on his time in the series--including his shocking death scene. In an interview with EW promoting his new Apple TV+ film Wolfwalkers, Bean looked back on his final moments in Game of Thrones.

The interview shows how much thought Sean Bean put into portraying Ned Stark, even in his final moments. "It was horror and disbelief--that Joffrey changed his mind--and then resignation and [realizing he was] seeing his daughter for the last time, Arya," Bean explained when asked what he was thinking during the scene. "I was trying to think of all four. It wasn't just, 'Oh God, I'm getting my head chopped off.' Those mix of feelings is what made it what it was, I suppose."

While the scene may have felt sudden for viewers, the process of filming it took a whole day. "You have to just keep focused on the fact that you're about to meet your death without messing around," Bean said. "Everybody else's reactions were fantastic--Cersei and the kids. It was very moving with a lot of pathos in that scene. Then I put my head in the block and I was finished for the day."

Continue Reading at GameSpot

from GameSpot - All News https://ift.tt/39jvXNq

Post a Comment

0 Comments