Viggo Mortensen Explains His Style As A Director

Lord of the Rings actor Viggo Mortensen has made his debut as a writer-director with Falling, a film that explores a family dealing with its patriarch’s battle with dementia. In an interview with Variety, Mortensen has talked about his approach to directing, and how it mirrors the way he acts.

While Mortensen has worked with some big-name directors--perhaps most famously Peter Jackson, but also Jane Campion, David Cronenberg, Ridley Scott, and many more--he says he never tried to copy anyone else’s way of directing.

“When it came to shooting Falling, I never thought about anybody else’s style,” Mortensen told Variety. “As an actor, I always do a load of research; I don’t want to leave anything unexamined. But then I put it to one side, so I can be open to what’s happening on the set. I’m the same as a director.”

Continue Reading at GameSpot

from GameSpot - All News https://ift.tt/3fnOefb

Post a Comment

0 Comments